Wednesday, June 22, 2005

ARGENTINA: The Right to Give Birth Naturally

ARGENTINA: The Right to Give Birth Naturally
Marcela Valente

"BUENOS AIRES, Jun 7 (IPS) - An original media campaign in Argentina is aimed at raising women's awareness on their right to be accompanied in the delivery room, and to give birth in whatever position is most comfortable for them and without unnecessary medical interventions.

With financial support from the Dutch foundation Mama Cash, the Argentine non-governmental organisation Dando a Luz (Giving Birth) produced a series of television spots in which famous actors and models urge women to demand respect for their right to give birth the way they want.

. . . The ads refer to the rights of mothers and infants in delivery, which are recognised in a national law in effect since November 2004.

But the failure to disseminate information on the new law has facilitated the persistence in both public and private hospitals of traditional practices that run counter to the new legislation."

full story

3 Comments:

At 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi slcochran I’ve been looking for message related blogs and I came across yours on ARGENTINA: The Right to Give Birth Naturally during my trawl, so I thought it would be polite to let you know about my visit. You are most welcome to come and visit me at message. I would also be happy to trade links with you if you are interested. Bye for now and have a nice day! Roy.

 
At 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi slcochran I’ve been looking for birth related blogs and I came across yours on ARGENTINA: The Right to Give Birth Naturally during my trawl, so I thought it would be polite to let you know about my visit. You are most welcome to come and visit me at birth. I would also be happy to trade links with you if you are interested. Bye for now and have a nice day! Roy.

 
At 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

slcochran,

I saw your post
regarding medical malpractice attorneys .

You are welcome to place a link to
your blog or website on our high
traffic website for free. See:

http://www.quickregister.net/infowizards


We have a specific category for medical malpractice attorneys .
Your listing will be indexed in the search
engines under medical malpractice attorneys . It will
also be a permanent link.

Thank you,

John,

http://www.quickregister.net
Free Search Engine Submission Service.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home